Be guided through a lifelong practice of fulfilling prayer with The CEB Lectio Divina Prayer Bible.
Reflective reading of the Scriptures has been a spiritual practice since the earliest centuries. The method of Lectio Divina, or “Divine Reading,” is a systematic reading of each section of a book of the Bible with pauses for reflection and prayer.
The CEB Lectio Divina Prayer Bible makes it simple to do. For every chapter of the Bible there is:
• A recommended passage for slow and thoughtful reading,
• Questions for guiding a time of reflection and meaning of the text,
• A prayer,
• Suggestions for putting your new insights into action.
This Bible also includes an introduction to praying the Scriptures and a selection of classic Christian prayers.
Who will enjoy The CEB Lectio Divina Prayer Bible?
• Readers wanting new ways to experience the scriptures,
• People who are seeking a deeper spirituality and more reflection in their life,
• Those wanting to grow their prayer life,
• Small-group leaders and other spiritual leaders needing new ideas for group study and discussion.
The CEB Lectio Divina Prayer Bible gives you a lifelong source of fulfilling prayer, a conversation with God.