Strengthening one's prayer life ranks high among lists of resolutions. With this new Bible dedicated to the practice of prayer, readers will experience a thoughtful, devotion-like exploration of praying. They will feel encouraged to pray because they will learn new ideas for prayer, Bible study, and spiritual formation including: two-way conversation with God and Scripture; imagination in writing and art; praying the text; praying the Psalms; reading the Bible aloud; prayers of the saints; prayer practices from around the world; and highlighted prayers of the Bible. With a sophisticated brown-on-brown burnished cover, this Bible can be used over and over again for continued inspiration and encouragement. Great for small group Bible studies at church and for personal study.
- Eighty pages of prayers and practices for praying
- Sixteen full-color insert pages with inspiring devotions and spiritual formation experiences
- Conversational translation of the Bible
- Presentation pages for gift giving
- Ribbon marker
- Rounded corners with gilded edges
- 9-point type
- Deepening prayer life and discipleship as readers walk through the various prayer practices
- Users will have a take-along Bible for church and Bible study
- Appeals to individuals who wish to strengthen their prayer life, want to learn more about prayer traditions, and are seeking a stronger relationship with God through prayer.
- Also wonderful for small-group study and teachers looking for a devotional dedicated to the practice of prayer.
"ReStart your love for reading the Bible by switching to the Common English Bible."—Dottie Escobedo-Frank, pastor of Crossroads United Methodist Church in Phoenix, Arizona, and author of the 2012 book, ReStart Your Church